Four Pillar Full Head Press 40 Ton
- Manual 4 Position Mechanical Stops – Low point stops ensure the precise bottom position and parallelism of the head on each cutting stroke. There are four adjustable stops located in the head of the press. They correspond to the four corners of the head. When one stop is adjusted all stops are adjusted at the same time.
- Hardened and Ground Steel Plate – The hardened and ground steel plate has a 60º Rockwell hardness and is designed as a non-consumable cutting surface for through cutting and kiss cutting of various materials. Kiss cutting is done in conjunction with mechanical stops.
- Manual Adjustable Self Centering Pneumatic Die Rails – The die rails hold the tooling under the head. They are fully adjustable for easy die board change out.
- Single Automated Slide Table – The automated slide table is used to reduce operator fatigue and insures that the material and cutting die consistently cut in the same position.
- Inboard Photocell Safety Guard and Rear Safety Guard – This machine has been designed to CE standards and APMC’s interpretation of OSHA guidelines. CE standards are well defined in terms of guarding areas and distances. OSHA uses general guidelines that are open to manufacturer and inspector interpretation. The machine’s guarding has been designed to keep both the operator and support personal safe using a combination of physical guards and interlock switches.
|Cutting Force:||40 Metric (44 U.S.) Tons|
|Machine Bed:||23.6” D x 23.6” W (600 x 600 mm)|
|Cutting Area:||21.7” D x 21.7” W (550 x 550 mm)|
|Cutting Stroke:||5.9” (150 mm)|
|Open Daylight:||7.9” (200 mm)|
FULL HEAD PRESS
A four-post hydraulic press producing 40 metric (44 U.S.) tons of cutting force, with two cylinders mounted over cross members linked end to end with torsion bars. This mechanical balancing system ensures that the maximum cutting force of the press can be delivered across the entire cutting area of the machine, and keeps the bed and bridge parallel even under asymmetrical (unbalanced) loads, which, in turn, reduces mis-cuts and damaged parts and provides for longer tool and pad life. This hydraulic press can deliver its total force during the entire down stroke.